
Stuff from my 2D Animation course:
My character that I'll be focusing on for the class.

I really, REALLY wracked my brain for a character. I didn't wanna do an animal, because with an animal character, people will always (ALWAYS!) compare it to an existing one. I dealt with that last semester with my elephant character constantly being compared to Elmer or Horton and it really bothered me.
I started drawing girls, human ones at first, then got to fairies/sprites, and ended up with an alien chick.
Storyboard for a scenario with her and her 3-eyed pooch.

My first walkcycle! Good thing I designed this chick to have hover-boots so I don't have to animate her walking again. My scanner sucks so excuse the picture quality.
Did these while watching How to Train Your Dragon in class yesterday. Trying my best to forget the Oscars...ugh.

~

Is that the animation you told me about? It looks good, you sell yourself short!
ReplyDelete