Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I have a problem with storyboarding.

Not that I hate it or anything, no no, quite the contrary. I'm actually quite thrilled I'm doing storyboards this semester because that part of animation and film-making in general always fascinated me. I think because I like the enthusiasm of the board pitches I see in those Making Of's.

But my problem is that I get so wrapped up in the visuals and wanting to make things sync up to the beats in my head, I spend far too long on them. Or I make too many.

Like, for instance, the boards I did for this music video assignment. I like to sync visuals with music almost beat for beat (see Oswald's Story) so this resulted in me making more boards than I intended to do.




I have the rest of the song (about 2 and a half minutes) storyboarded in my head, but I doubt I'll ever get around to drawing them. Oh well!

Select boards:





~

No comments:

Post a Comment