Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pimping is easy!

While award shows make me more upset than happy, I'm looking forward to the Oscars this year. The competition looks fierce, especially for the Best Animated Picture category!
The Secret of Kells
, a very under-the-radar film, was nominated (beating out Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs), which was a BIG surprise to me! I saw the movie thanks to the internet months ago and it was quite lovely! Story wasn't ground-breaking, and the ending kinda fell flat for me. But it's all 'bout the animation and art style!



This comes out in US theaters March 12, so please see it and support it!!!

I'm rooting for UP and Princess & The Frog to win for Best Animated. I love Coraline, but it's a good film, not a great one. And UP deserves Best Original Score, hands down. The "Married Life" sequence was originally going to have audio and sound effects, but they cut it out and let Giacchino tell the story, so to speak.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment