Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vin Diesel's best role

Quickie tablet sketches, to test with colors 'n junk for my next illustration assignment. Have to render some scenes from a movie in a certain style, and I chose one of my favorite films ever: The Iron Giant. These'll be painted in acrylics, kinda like my Wall-e paintings.



If it weren't for the fact that she probably threw it out and was a total bitch to me, I'd go get the little figure of the Giant from my neighbor's house that came with the VHS. Movie was big in Japan couple years back (gee, Japan loving a movie about a giant robot and atomic holocaust on US turf? No way!), but I don't think any of that merch is available *for reasonable prices*.

Random side-note: I hope they keep up with the production on 1906. I adore Brad Bird's work as a director and writer and I'm itching for a new movie from him. Why he went back to working with WB, after they almost shut down working on IG half-way thru, I don't know. I guess they learned their lesson after The Incredibles to never doubt the Bird.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment